We are not taking clothing or household donations until further notice – click here for more information
Dear Friends of Mission Northeast (MNE):
Effective March 18, 2019, our product donation hours are changing to:
Monday through Thursday, from 8 am – 12 noon.
OR by confirmed advance appointment
MNE Board of Directors has voted to make this change due to availability of staff and volunteers to accept donations, as well as concerns for the safety and security of our employees. Please do not leave donations at the gate!
Here is some useful information concerning what items MNE can and cannot accept:
- New or gently used USEFUL household items, such as pots and pans, dishware, eating utensils; towels, sheets, blankets, small appliances (ex. crock pots, toasters, electric skillets) and other very basic items
- New or gently used, good condition, men’s, children’s and women’s clothing, shoes and accessories. New (only) underwear and socks
- Personal Care Items: deodorant, toilet paper, tooth brushes and tooth paste, shaving items, shampoo, lotion
- Laundry soap, liquid dishwashing detergent (hand washing)
- View our website for ongoing staple food needs and holiday needs
- Electronics, monitors, computers, TV’s radios
- Anything dirty, torn, stained
- Expired or open food items
- Used toys, including used stuffed animals
- Furniture, unless approved in advance
- Knick knacks, garage sale left overs, or anything that does not serve a basic, useful purpose.
We do rely on and appreciate community donations, but please be considerate of our limited space to store items, as well as to distribute them. When we receive items that cannot be used by our clients, we incur additional disposal costs.
MNE is fully supported by our generous community—we couldn’t do it without you! Because we do not sell anything, or apply for federal grant funding, our focus is restricted to basic items that our clients can use. Before you donate, ask yourself if you would consider giving the same items to a friend.
And always, monetary donations are greatly appreciated and tax exempt. You may donate online through our website, www.missionne.org, or by mailing a check to P. O. Box 1207, New Caney, TX 77357.
Thank you and God bless you for your generous support!
Mission Northeast Staff and Board of Directors.