What We Do
In addition to providing food, clothing and household items, we also build relationships with our clients by getting to know them and helping them above and beyond their basic needs. Non-denominational chapel services are offered in the morning and we provide Bibles and study materials upon request. Each client speaks personally to a Care Partner who listens carefully to his/her needs and offers spiritual support, as well as additional referrals and resources.
- Care Partners for each client family
- Job training and a jobs ministry
- Adult GED and ESL classes onsite
- Thanksgiving and Christmas distributions
- Monthly home delivery of food and other assistance for senior and disabled persons
- Mission Possible (a summer learning and skills program for children)
- Project Mammogram site
- Feed My Lambs site (lunch delivery program for the needy)
- Safe Haven Ministry helps families who live in unhealthy, unsafe environments, by assisting with home repairs, yard clean up, wheelchair ramps, utilities, and more, based on available funds and volunteers
- Many other forms of outreach that grow as need and opportunities arise
Our adult education program provides opportunities for education/job skills training and employment that help move families out of poverty. Our Jobs Ministry includes a job board that is updated daily and two Job Fairs each year.
Thanksgiving and Christmas are very special! Community food and toy drives make the holiday brighter for hundred of families. We have a Christmas party for our senior adults, and are the only agency that also provides gifts for children to give their parents or caregivers.
ALL Mission Northeast programs and services are provided FREE of charge without consideration of age, race, ethnicity, gender, religious preference or any affiliation.
Disaster relief through distribution of food, water, communications and other supplies is a critical function of Mission Northeast due to our strategic location on the Hwy 59/I-69 corridor. We are part of two emergency coalitions that link services from Summerwood to Cleveland to Conroe for those affected by any natural distaer or emergency.:
- CRTF (Community Response Task Force)
- Montgomery Country Cares